audioGnome Support: Goodbye Audiognome - audioGnome Support

Welcome to aG General...

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Goodbye Audiognome (found something much better)

#1 User is offline   Daang 

• aG User
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:20 PM

In the year or so that I used Audiognome, I was occasionally able to download some songs, but only very few of what I wanted. Many times, I would get a partial download, and it would never resume. I have high-speed internet (256 KB/sec) with a router modem, and was properly routed using Port Forwarding's advice. I even got a message from some guy (who hates Jews and kept calling me "stupid" and "idiot") who was upset because my downloads from him were so slow, but - though I gritted my teeth and tried to carry on a polite conversation with him because I was desperate to learn how to fix the problems I've had with aG - the advice he gave didn't make any sense (he just said my "modem was full", but i was using very little of my available bandwidth with aG's occasional downloads).

So I checked around for something else. (I've avoided Limewire because of the spyware.) I found something called Phex (from sourceforge.net; it's usually called "Phex - P2P Gnutella filesharing program"). It works so much better than Audiognome. I've downloaded about 50 songs in the two or three weeks I've been using it. It's free, and free of spyware. Sometimes I've had songs download in less than 5 minutes.

So, I appreciate the songs I was able to download from Audiognome while I was using it (though successful downloads were relatively few). And I wanted to share this good news with others who are frustrated with Audiognome and would like to know about a good file/song sharing program.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic